THE ADVANTAGES OF SELLING AND DISTRIBUTING YOUR MUSIC ONLINE
THE ADVANTAGES OF SELLING AND DISTRIBUTING YOUR MUSIC ONLINE
selling music online
In this digital era, there is an unlimited potential to distribute any product since you are dealing with social media platforms. Musicians can maximize their chances in getting to reach a bigger fan base and potential customers. These methods can be utilized by beginners, intermediate to seasoned professional artists and producers.
Moreover, it does not matter which part of the world you come from. More music is been consumed, streamed online via smart phones and tablets than via Personal computers. It is estimated that there are 2.5 billion smart phone users around the world and expected to pass the five billion mark by end of 2019.This study was researched and conducted by statista.
The advantages of selling and distributing your music online compared to the old-school way.
- Organic Traffic – Having a different variety of social platforms like twitter, face book, you-tube, instagram enable you built a big fan base to which you can sell to easily, once you gain their loyalty. Moreover, vlogging involves use of videos on particular niches can generate traffic to offers. For example You-tube and vimeo videos. Blogging on the other hand is a reputable way to channel organic traffic to a website and then convert them to loyal customers.
Writing articles and useful blog posts with a genuine aim to solve people’s problem is already half battle won in marketing. Many People are interested in sites that aim to solve their problem(s).
Later on, you can blend in some form of entertainment together with valuable information. This is a major factor in keeping loyal subscribers or customers.
Most big online entrepreneurs know this simple trick and thus, the reason they set themselves apart from middle and bottom feeders.
- Utilizing the existing music streaming platforms online is an added advantage, which already has millions of users’ worldwide, ready to consume the huge demand for music.
Music streaming may have closed out the old school type business model which relied heavily on cold canvassing and selling physical records such as cassettes, tapes and Cds. With just an online connection and opening a free or subscription account you can sell your music unlimited. Examples of streaming platforms: deezer, sound cloud iTunes, tune- core and Spotify to name a few e.t.c
Music producers can sell beats online with ease. These marketplaces cater to both producers as well as artists. There are several main platforms available such as: – Beatstars, airbit, soundcloud, tunevibe, tunecore, rocbattle.com, soundclick.
These beat selling sites offer many flexible features to producers and artists namely:-
- Custom licenses
- Instant payment/delivery
- Html 5 and Flash-store players
- Selling on unlimited sites
- Voice/producer tags features
- Major payment methods
- Contract and licensing information
Producers are also able to embed their beatstore on their website to maximize their chances of selling more beats online.
- You get to make unlimited connections with your client base from many walks of life, since online platforms are worldwide. It is easy and reliable to work with people of different walks of life that you have never even interacted on a one on one basis.
Video calls and live-streaming have made people connect from different parts of the word.
- Online marketing is another powerful market strategy that has proven time and time again, to earn a fortune from promoting your music to consumers. With a simple website with a built-in Opt-in page to collect emails is a possible and sure way of accelerating your offers and sales cycle day after day year after year.
You can create this email pop up from companies like Mailchimp, aweber or Get response. On this website we use mailchimp to collect emails to which we target and promote to every month.
You can offer incentives or lead magnets to collect e-mails easily then later give discounts and promo codes to further entice them. This works like a charm once you master your subscriber demographics, mastering their needs and consumer habits.
- Conduct market research with different online tools you can easily research your customers needs and patterns. You can easily formulate surveys to find out what products are most popular to the less popular ones.
Examples of most popular free survey online tools: Survey monkey, qualtrics, Survey gizmodo, Google forms and survey planet.
Take an analysis of different criteria of the data and focus your promotions on the specific niche. When this is done professionally you are able to reach more warm audiences. As a result record big streams of income in a matter of short period.
Moreover, find out which complimentary products you can also sell together with the primary ones. Branded merchandise such as t-shirts, caps, mugs and bags are great examples to complement your brand marketing and awareness. See our merch
- Online Adverts- This is a way of promoting your product and music to a larger targeted audience in order to get sales or leads. However, it comes at a price depending on your budget.
Most popular ones are Face book ads, twitter, Google Ad sense and solo adverts.
The most effective strategy always starts on a solid brand strategy. This point will always go along way, without one it will be all hit and miss.
Face book as a social media offers entrepreneurs, online marketers a chance to make adverts targeting to potential customers. Advantages are its cheap and flexible to use even for beginners to intermediate to seasoned Ad campaign managers.
With a minimum $5 budget, you are able to target and position your ad to reach hundreds of thousands targeted potential clients. Your first campaign should be solely focused on cold traffic. Cold traffic is defined as a flow of potential customers interacting with your ad or website through organic or inorganic traffic.
Consequently, after getting the data from the traffic sources and interested customers you can then re-target to them. This is more easy and cheaper compared to trying to target completely new customers. Remember the famous saying “It costs five times as much to attract a new customer, than to keep an existing one.” Once you get some positive results then you can scale up your budget and keep re-targeting to your customers, who in turn become loyal to your brand.
Twitter ads are another useful way to get exposure and create brand awareness to the world.
Just like face book you can start with a shoe-string budget and then scale up as like. Twitter is uniquely more focused on business entrepreneurship than other platforms.
You can set up twitter ad video campaigns then select video ad campaigns to promote your business venture. Use of twitter cards comes in handy when you can insert your headlines, call to action to the video then enable the campaign to roll out and get traffic.
Solo ads is a marketing piece used in email marketing to acquire leads and traffic to an existing offer to get sales. In other words, solo ads are email ads to which you can promote your offer to get leads and sales. This method is very precise since you have already narrowed down your target audience, who are interested in your products.
Google ad sense is yet another form of adverting where business owners are allowed to earn from their content online. This works by matching text and display ads based on type of content and visitors on a site. Advantages of this method are that it is much targeted to specific niche you venture into. However, the disadvantages are the campaigns get very expensive over-time and it takes time to get favorable results. This is best suited for big corporations with huge budgets to spend over long periods.
- Networking- As an artist, producers or song writers, the need to reach out and network with other like-minded individuals is very beneficial than trying to succeed on your own.
This opens up the possibility of learning new target markets, methods that have proven to work with others. For example if musician A collaborates with Musician B, both will gain fans from each other. You can also learn what works and does not work with your fellow collaborator.
Artists, producers can reach out to A&R’s and record labels to provide music / instrumentals to be used for the music industry or for the film industry.
Music placements used for advertisement as music jingles, normally fetch great royalties depending on the companies in question.
With some television shows/series airing a few times a week, that would mean a constant flow of income for an artist/producer for the time aired.
Make sure your brand awareness is clear and concise across all offline and online platforms. Lastly great branding can take you a long way, by identifying you as a market leader in a certain niche. Return customers always identify with a solid brand.
With all these advantages of selling and distributing your music online, it is possible to start with minimum resources and investment. When you build a huge fan base utilize it to earn a consistent income online. The thing you need to remember is to be patient because there is no such thing as overnight success.
“The most effective strategy always starts on a solid brand strategy. .”This point will always go along way, without one it will be all hit and miss.
- selling music online .BLOGS
- selling music online guide